Advanced Canine Techniques offers the following training options for clients:
- 4-Hour Pet First Aid & CPR Class – $60
- Personalized Phone consultation for 30 minutes with follow up email – $75
- 6 week Group Classes -$175
- Consultation Rate – $200 If you’re not sure what you need Bonnie can come and meet with you and your dog in your home and she can assess your dog and provide the best course of action for the both of you!
- In-home Training Sessions – Bonnie thinks in-home training is one of the best options for you and your dog. This allows Bonnie to work with you in your home where the dog is most comfortable. These sessions are great for building a foundation for basic obedience or for addressing behavioral problems such as aggressive or fearful behavior. It is best to do these weekly to maintain consistency with your training. These must be paid for up front and used within a 6 month time frame in order for your dog to be successful.
- Silver Program-3 private lessons for $550
- Gold Program – 6 private lessons for $1100
Board and Train Options
We keep the dog at our house and provide multiple training sessions, walks and field trips each day. Each program is customized to meet your dog’s needs and includes lifetime follow up. Your dog will work with Bonnie and her dogs multiple times a day. A typical day will include morning outdoor time (walks and potty breaks), breakfast, training sessions, treadmill time, crate/rest time, afternoon walk/play session/field trips, dinner, crate/rest time, treadmill time, training sessions, bedtime.
We aim to provide a high-end boutique experience and a lasting relationship between you, your dog, and Bonnie for a lifetime of success.
Your dog will work on their basic obedience here, but our primary focus is creating a happy, calm, independent dog that will fit in your home or anywhere else.
In these 2-4 weeks, your dog will learn many things that make him or her much easier to live with:
- Walk politely with you (On- and Off-Leash)
- Sit/Stay (On- and Off-Leash)
- Down/Stay (On- and Off-Leash)
- Waiting at Thresholds
- Place Command (On- and Off-Leash)
- Recall/Come (On- and Off-Leash)
- Crate Training
- Waiting for Food
Serious behavior problems are covered in the 3 and 4 week programs:
- Aggression (towards people, objects or dogs)
- Poor Socialization
- Any other problem that you are experiencing at home
At the end of the program, you will be expected to carry out instructions to make sure that you and your dog are successful. A board and train is the beginning of your training experience, not the end. Board and trains should be viewed as a partnership between us, you, and your dog for the life of the dog.
- Fresh Start – $1350 (5 day package) – Training includes, but is not limited to, obedience commands and recall, group play and structured socialization, calming techniques along with field trips to local parks and merchants. Dogs should arrive no later than 10am on the day training begins and be picked up no later than 5pm on the day training concludes. Early drop-off or late pickup may be arranged for an additional fee of $25. If your schedule requires you to board your dog before and/or after training, we’d be happy to accommodate you at a discounted boarding rate of $45 per day.
- Dream Dog – $2495 (10 day package) – The two-week long package includes on-leash commands along with off leash reliability. Training includes, but is not limited to, obedience commands and recall, group play and structured socialization, calming techniques along with field trips to local parks and merchants. Dogs should arrive no later than 10am on the day training begins and be picked up no later than 5pm on the day training concludes. Early drop-off or late pickup may be arranged for an additional fee of $25. If your schedule requires you to board your dog before and/or after training, we’d be happy to accommodate you at a discounted boarding rate of $45 per day.
- Additional packages by arrangement with trainer: (These packages may be beneficial for dogs that have separation anxiety, aggression or other behavioral concerns that will take more time to develop new behavior routines and consistency).
- Three Week $4,100 (21-day package)
- Four Week $5,400 (28-day Package)
Ready to GET STARTED?
Or contact us for more information:
Please bring verification of your dog’s vaccination records to the orientation (Distemper and Rabies are required and we highly recommend the Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccination. The bordatella vaccination should be given 10-14 days before training begins for the most effective prevention.
We also recommend owners bring a tasty treat to class with them. Dogs tend to work best when hungry and we can help to shape and reward positive behavior during class. Some examples of treats are Pet Botanics, or Natural Balance or Happy Howies Rolled Dog food cut into small pieces, string cheese, sandwich meat, hot dogs, cooked chicken, cheerios, Zukes, freeze dried meat, bil jac treats, or any treat that is small and moist.
Owners are also recommended to dress appropriately for training (closed toed shoes) and the weather. Some classes will take place outdoors so keep a jacket, gloves and a hat in your vehicle.
AKC STAR PUPPY – This 6 week puppy class is designed to expose young puppies to a variety of positive experiences. There is opportunity to socialize with lots of people, children and other dogs. The pups learn basic manners, housebreaking, stopping their play biting, walking on leash nicely, waiting at open doors, plus laying down and remaining calm. Owners learn about canine body language and how dog’s learn. These skills help dog owners communicate with their dogs so they can develop a lifetime of good habits with their canine companion.
BASIC MANNERS – You will learn how to teach your dog to: sit, down, come, walk on a loose leash, stay, pay attention to you, to greet people politely rather than jumping on them, leave objects alone and drop items on cue. Each week is packed with information, giving you the knowledge to train your dog to be a well behaved family member.
ADVANCED MANNERS/MOMENTUM CLASS (Dogs must have previously completed a Basic Manners class). Some of the skills you will learn include: Beginning heel by your side, Sit-Stay & Down-Stay with harder distractions and distance, Come, and other items on the CGC evaluation. The American Kennel Club’s Canine Good Citizen (CGC) evaluation will be given on the last night of class for those who wish to have their dog evaluated.
ON-THE-GO This group class combines superior dog training amongst distractions in the real world with cutting edge technology. We take field trips as a class to various places in the county including the local retail stores, farmer’s market, cardinal greenway, city parks, state parks, praire creek reservoir and participate in festivals and parades. We will practice what we learned using real-world distractions and show off our dog’s excellent reliable behavior. This class helps students prepare for the CGCA (Canine Good Citizen Advanced) and CGCU (Canine Good Citizen Urban) certification.
TRICKS Owners learn new tricks in this class including shake, high five, spin, touch and tap, sit pretty (beg), roll over, say your prayers, speak, jump, crawl, fetch, wipe your paws, paws up, etc.
THERAPY DOG CLASS Owners will learn all the requirements of the Therapy Dog Test (includes all CGC test items plus the following) leaving food on the ground, reaction to medical equipment and infirmaries, and reaction to children.
STRUCTURED SOCIALIZATION CLASS – Dogs that are reactive to people or other dogs will benefit from this class. It is a very structured class that requires dogs and owners to walk in a controlled manner for a designated period of time. Dogs become calm based on the energy in the room and as they relax, we let them off leash and have the pack mentality help to balance them. (Owners need to be able to walk for a minimum of one hour in this class).